The objective of this workshop is to offer the opportunity for medical students to acquire information, that they do not have access to during regular courses and to test their basic surgical skills, so that they can pursue a career in the field.
• Making the participants feel comfortable with the general and specific surgical instruments used in plastic surgery;
• Basic surgical procedures (incisions, knots and sutures);
• Wound management;
• Specific surgical procedures in the field of plastic surgery;
• Taking care of the tissue;
• Wound dressing and bandages;
• Anastomoses and sutures for the blood vessels, nerves and tendons;
The theoretical courses are based on power point presentations, including images and videos. Each participant has its own working area and surgical instruments and preparation materials that are made available by the organizers.
The surgical techniques are explained and performed by the trainers or instructors at a central desk and they are displayed live. The participants will then perform each maneuver under the coordination of the trainers, until they feel comfortable performing them by themselves.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will take an evaluation test, which will be graded. These grades will only be used by the organizers, in order to assess the efficiency of the workshop; however they will not appear on the certificate handed to them at the end of the workshop.
• Specific instruments;
• Wound management (post-traumatic and post-surgical interventions);
• Specific methods to cover the flaws of the tissue;
• Wound dressing;
• Fracture management;
• Flaps (continuing);
• Vascular sutures;
• Nerve sutures;
• Tendon sutures;