The purpose of this workshop is to give medical students from the III-VI years and residents, the opportunity to perfect their gestures and surgical maneuvers and also enrich their theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Principles of asepsis and antisepsis;
- Basic surgical instruments kit;
- Surgical knots;
- Wound management;
- Types of sutures;
- Intestinal resection and anastomosis;
- Vascular resection and anastomosis;
- Laparoscopic simulation;
- Bandages and wound dressing.
The workshop has a theoretical component and an important practical one. The theoretical component is held by a team of students and organizers, in the form of PowerPoint presentations which contain well-structured information with explanatory pictures. The practical component will take the form of a succession of demonstrations conducted by the main instructor, whose indications will be followed step by step by the participants at their work desks. At the end of the workshop the students will take an evaluation in order to assess their knowledge and they will be graded. These grades, although important to the people who organized the workshop, are purely informative, and they will not appear on the diploma given to each student at the end of the workshop.
- principles of asepsis and antisepsis
- basic surgical instruments kit and how to use them;
- surgical knots.
- wound care;
- types of sutures.
- bandages and wound dressing;
- pelvic and rectal examination;
- thoracocentesis and paracentesis;
- intestinal resection and anastomosis – theoretical presentation.
- intestinal resection and anastomosis – practical part.
- vascular resection and anastomosis – theoretical presentation.
- vascular resection and anastomosis – practical part.
- laparoscopic surgery - presentation.
- closing ceremony.