Note: The present statute is the last version on 26th of October 2011, according to the documents and minutes published on the official discussions’ group: sscromania . The statute published on 12.09.2008 and completed by the AG decision from 25th of January 2011, published by the then national secretary on the 25th and 27th of January 2011, Modif. Art. 36 with the date of the AG and the logo from annex 1.
Art. 1 The name of the Association is the “Romanian Students' Surgical Society”. The Association is called in an abbreviated way SSCR.
2. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Art. 2 The Association has its central headquartes in 42 C.A. Rosetti Street, ap. 4, sector 2, Bucharest but it can operate at a national level, being able to create branches and subsidiaries, as territorial structures, in order to achieve its goal, with a minimum number of 5 members, with its own MANAGEMENT authorities and having a different patrimony than that of the association. The headquarters of the Association can be changed on the base of the decision of the Board of Directors.
Art. 3 The Association operates as a Romanian legal person, private, non-governmental, non-profit, having apolitical and non-profit character, with no religious purposes and without control or interference from aby of the exterior authorities. This is indefinite.
Art. 4 The association is independent from other organizations or unions, but reserves the right to maintain collaborative relationships with them and to express their views to any matter of interest to its members.
3. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Art. 5 The purpose of the Association is to prepare medical students in Romania in the surgical field.
Art. 6 The association pursues strenghtening the knowledge in the surgical field, improving the medical practice conditions and raising the degree of access to medical resources for its members. In this way, it desires an evolution of the Romanian surgery school, encouraging good results and the formation of a generaion of surgeons of exceptional quality in human and professional terms.
Art. 7 In order to realize its purpose, the Association may use the following means:
(1) Organizing supplementary clasees in surgical domains or connected to surgery.
(2) Initializing and organizing specific instructional and perfecting programs and activities, corresponding to the interests of the Association.
(3) Promoting and developing of experimental surgery.
(4) Organizing and promoting summer practices inside the country and abroad.
(5) The initiation and development of domestic and international contacts with other structures, organizations and governmental and non-governmental agencies with similar activities.
(6) Mediating the acces to materials of any kind which help to acquire thorough knowledge in the fields of reference of the Association.
(7) Editing informational and documentary materials.
(8) Participating in editing and distributing informational and documentary materials together with other specialized associations.
(9) Constituting databases on specific problems of the domains of interest of the Association.
(10) Initializing and participating in scientific research programs in the domain of reference.
(11) Facilitating granting scholarships and initiating, mediating or promoting such programs.
(12) Attracting, managing and using, according to the law and the present status, financial and material resources.
(13) Representing the interests of its members in the scientific or educational endeavours of the Romanian state or of the different organizations with this type of programs.
Art. 8 Functioning principles of the Association:
(1) Autonomy: the branches and subsidiaries can establish their intergation into local programs. In the case in which they will get involved in a national project, they will enjoy the support of the Board of Directors, in the same time being under its strict supervision.
(2) Volunteering: the Association’s activities are mainly carried out on a voluntary basis by the members of the Association or persons which join them in order to achiece a particular program.
(3) Transparency in the management of the resources and activities of the Association.
(4) Partenership and teamwork;
Art. 9 The initial patrimony of the Association is the sum of 6,6 million lei, representing the contribution of the founding members. The patrimony of the Association is completed from financial and material resources attracted under the provisions of the law, in the form of fees, contributions, taxes, donations, sponsorships, or any other form permitted by the law.
Art. 10 In order to administer the attracted financial resources, the Association can open accounts at any banking institution, under the conditions of the law.
Art. 11 The value of the fee is established by the Board of Directors. It will be updated at the beginning of each calendar year. Each branch and subsidiary has the right to spend these funds for the developing of the activities, payment of services or purchasing goods which are related to the Association’s activity.
Art. 12 The financial operations and also using the material resources of the Association are carried out according to the law, under the signature of the authorized persons.
Art. 13 The MANAGEMENT positions of the Association are not paid.
Art. 14 In case of dissolution of the Association, the entire remaining patrimony will ne transmitted to the Medical Sciences Academy.
Art. 15 In case of dissolution of a branch or subsidiary, the entire patrimony which remains after the liquidation will be transmitted to the central headquarters of the Association.
5. MEMBERS – RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Art. 16 The members of the Association are individuals listed as founders in the act of establishment, the persons who later acquire membership on the basis of the written request addressed to the Board of Directors, as legal entities, represented under the conditions of the law.
Art. 17 Individuals may join as members, regardless of their nationality, political beliefs, sex and age, which, at the moment of requesting the registration, have the status of student in one of the Faculties of Medicine in Romania. These persons must have a special interest for the surgical sciences. Legal entities which are affiliated to the Association may be branches of the Association, other student scientific associations and other associations with statutes and objectives related to the present Statute, under the conditions of the laws in force. Other persons with special contribution in developing the Association may become members if they have the express approval of the Board of Directors.
Art. 18 A person who is a member of an organization whose purposes and objectives are in contradiction with the objectives of the Association cannot become a member.
Art. 19 The members of the Association have the following rights:
(1) To participate in a vote in the General Assembly. (2) To vote and to be elected for the leadership of the Association.
(3) To inform tehmselves about all the activities of the Association.
(4) To benefit from the resources the Association makes available for the members, in accordance with the purposes of the Association and whenever possible.
(5) To participate in the organsation and development of the Association’s activities.
(6) To propose actions leading to the fulfillment of the Association’s purpose.
(7) To represent the Association, on the basis of a written delegation, at reunions and internal and international actions.
(8) To address requests and complaints at any level of the Association and to request a response.
Art. 20 The members of the Association have the following obligations:
(1) To comply with the Statute of the Association, the internal regulation and the decisions taken by the Board of Directors.
(2) To pay the annual fee in the amount determined by the Board of Directors.
(3) To participate in the General Assemblies.
(4) To ACTIVELY participate at the good development of the Association’s activities and to increase its prestige.
(5) To promptly and fully inform the MANAGEMENT organisms of the Association about the activities developed by its representatives, and also related to any other facts that may interest the domain of activity of the Association.
(6) Not to take any actions likely to harm in any way the purpose or the prestige of the Association.
Art. 21 Founding members:
(1) Are the members that founded the Association and signed the incorporation act.
(2) Are exempt from the annual fee.
(3) The quality of a founding member is inaliable and for life.
(4) They benefit from acces tot he activities and resources of the Association, freely and whenever possible.
(5) They have the right to vote in the General Assembly.
Art. 22 Honorary members
(1) The honorary membership shall be granted by the Board of Directors, at the President’s proposal.
(2) Honorary members can be individuals who through their work particularly support the activity of the Association or who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in their relationship with the Association, and also the presidents who have finished their mandate on term.
(3) They do not have the right to vote in the General Assembly, they are not obligated to pay the fee and they cannot be elected for the ADMINISTRATIVE organisms of the Association; they can have supplementary rights and obligations which are provided in the acts adopted by the Board of Directors.
Art. 23 Correspondent members:
(1) They may be students of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry inside the country or abroad, medical practitioners, residents, PhD’s or doctors in a speciality related to the domain of interest of the Association.
(2) They don not have the right to vote in the General Assembly, they must pay the fee only in the amount in which they use the resources and participate in the Association’s activities, they cannot be elected in the MANAGEMENT organisms pf the Association.
(3) They can gain this statute either at the president’s proposal or at the proposal of one of the members from the Board of Directors, following the vote of this board by simple majority, or after making an application along with a justification, APPLICATION which must be approved by the president and afterwards by the Board of Directors.
Art. 24 The honorary president:
(1) Is represented by the first president of the Association, in this case, Mrs. Olivia Alexandra Sgabura and this statute is inalienable and for life.
(2) May gather the General Assembly.
(3) Can make proposals to the Association’s management forums and may participate in any of thier meetings, at any level.
(4) Is notified by any decision of the management forums of the Association and has the right to vote in the decisions of the Board of Directors. After voting, the Board must rediscuss the decission again, and in case it is not solved, the problem in cause is analysed by the General Assembly.
Art. 25 Obtaining the quality of member:
(1) It is done by the registration of the solicitant with an application form which can be found on the Association’s website www.sscr.ro in the “registration” section.
(2) It is given by the Board of Directors gathered in an ordinary meeting, after analysing the application.
(3) The applicant becomes a member after paying the registration into the Association fee. Exemption from the registration fee can be given only in special cases, following a request approved by..............
Art. 26 Not complying with the statutary obligations may attract one of the following sanctions from the Board of Directors:
(2) Written warning;
(3) Relieving from position;
(4) Exclusion from the association.
Art. 27 Against a sanction an appeal can be made in the General Assembly within 10 days.
Art. 28 The membership can be lost by losing the quality of student in one of the Faculties of Medicine from Romania, by a written withdrawal addressed to the president, exclusion, death or the termination of the Association’s activity.
Art. 29 The exclusion causes are:
(1) Non-complying with the Association’s Statute, the internal regulation and the decisions taken by the Board of Directors.
(2) Bringing moral or material prejudice to the Association or its management organisms. (3) Not paying the fee on the terms established by the internal functioning acts of the Association and not fulfilling the obligations as a member.
Art. 30 The decision of exclusion of a member from the Association is proposed by the Board of Directors and appoved by simple majority by the General Assembly.
Art. 31 When losing the statute of member of the Association, the reimbursement of the contributions made to the Association may not be requested.
Art. 32 The organisms of the association are:
(1) At a national level:
(a) The General Assembly.
(b) The Board of Directors. (c) The censor or the committe of censors.
(2) At a local level:
(a) The Assembly of the Members of the Branch/Subsidiary.
(b) The management committee.
Art. 33 The General Assembly is the supreme management organism of the Association.
Art. 34 The General Assembly is composed of the total number of members of the Association.
Art. 35 The General Assembly has the following attributions:
(1) Establishes the general objectives and the situation of the Association.
(2) Modifies and approves the statute of the Association only with the written agreement of the Honorary President. (3) Approves the annual reports of the Board of Directors and of the censor and the committee of censors and the budgetary exercice on the previous year.
(4) Chooses and revokes the president.
(5) Chooses and revokes the censor or the censors committee.
(6) Decides the exclusion of the members who do not respect the statute, the internal regulation or the decisions taken by it.
(7) Decides the creation and dissolution of the branches and subsidiaries.
(8) Decides the liquidation of the Association only with the written approval of the Honorary President.
(9) Others that come from the legal privisions and from the present statute.
Art. 36 The General Assembly gathers statutarily once a year in November (Ordinary General Assembly) in which the President is chosen, and in an Extraordinary session, any time it is required.
Art. 37 The Ordinary gathering of the General Assembly is done in written with at least 20 days before the date of the reunion by the president or by his replacement, announcing the date, time, place and the agenda.
Art. 38 The Extraordinary General Assembly will be gathered by the president from his own initiative based on the request of the Board of Directors, of the Honorary President, of the censor/censors committee or of a third (1/3) from the total of the paying members, the gathering being made in written with at least 7 days before the established date.
Art. 39 The General Assembly is statutary constituted with the presence of 50% plus 1 of the total number of paying members of the Association.
Art. 40 In case if in the first gathering the quorum is not gathered, according to article 39 from the present statute, the president will convocate a new General Assembly in maximim 15 days, the convocation being made in written within 7 days. At the second convocation, the General Assembly is considered statutary regardless of the number of members present.
Art. 41 The sessions of the General Assembly are presidated by the President, or in his absence, by the Vicepresident, or in his absence, by a member of the Board of Directors designated by the President. The debates and the decisions of the General Assembly will be recorded in a register of minutes, by the Secretary and they will ne authenticated by the signature of the paying members that participate in the General Assembly.
Art. 42 The Board of Directors:
(1) Is composed of the Honorary President, the President, two Vicepresidents, a Secretary and a Treasurer.
(2) The president of the Association in function chooses the two Vicepresidents, the Secretary and the Treasurer.
(3) May convocate the General Assembly.
(4) Can propose to the General Assembly the dismissal of the President only under the conditions of the simultaneous dissolution of the Board of Directors. In this case, the interim management will be ensured by a member of the Association chosen by the General Assembly.
(5) Modifies and approves the internal regulation of functioning of the Association.
(6) Decides the granting of the active membership.
(7) Decides the changing of the location of the main central headquarter of the Association.
(8) Establishes the activities’ program for the current year and the budget for it.
(9) Approves the mandates for the Association’s delegates which participate in national and international reunions.
(10) Approves the Association’s personnel organization and strategy.
(11) Chooses and changes the project’s coordinators according to the internal regulation.
(12) Proposes to the General Assembly the strategies for developing the Association.
(13) Promotes the activities of the organization.
(14) Draws up and presents to the General Assembly the annual financial and activity reports.
(15) Approves the affiliation of the SSCR to other associations and also the affiliation of other associations to the SSCR.
(16) Fulfills any other attributions provided by the law and the statute.
Art. 43 The Board of Directors is chosen for a period of 1 year and ensures the administration of the patrimony in relation with third parties, deciding on ways of realizing the purpose proposed by the Association, with the compliance of the laws in force, of the present statute, of the internal regulation and of the decisions of the General Assembly.
Art. 44 The Board of Directors gathers any time it is necessary, in periodical and special gahterings. The gatherings of the Board of Directors will be convoked by the President, or by half of the members of the Board of Directors, by sending a written notice in which will be mentioned the date, time, place and purpose of the meeting, to all of the memberrs of the Board of Directors, with at least 3 days before such a gahtering.
Art. 45 The President of the Association
(1) Is chosen by the General Assembly.
(2) Coordinates the activity of the Association.
(3) Before presenting his candidacy he must put at the disposition of all the members the objectives he wishes to follow during his mandate. In case of a flagrant violation of these objectives, the funding members and the Board of Directors can propose his dismissal.
(4) His mandate is for 1 year, with the possibility to renew it with half a mandate. A president cannot hold the position of leadership for more than 6 years, regardless of the ordinary or extraordinary decisions of the management organisms.
(5) He legally represents the Association in relation with the third parties.
(6) Validly signs contracts and partnership, collaboration or cooperation agreements with other internal or external organziations, organisms and institutions, based on the decisions of the Board of Directors.
(7) Represents the Association in gatherings, conferences and other events.
(8) The quality of repeater is incompatible with that of the Association’s President.
(9) At the end of his mandate, the President can become a honorary member.
(10) Chairs the meetings of the Board of Directors and the General Assembly, except from the General Assemblies in which his situation is discussed.
(11) Ensures and checks all of the aspects related to the legal functioning of the organziation.
(12) Gathers, if necessary, the Board of Directors and the General Assembly.
(13) Holds the stamp of the organization.
(14) Names at the beginning of his mandate the two vicepresidents, the secretary and the treasurer.
(15) Holds the constitutive acts of the association.
(16) Has other attributions provided by the law, which come from the present statute.
Art. 46 The vicepresidents of the association:
(1) Are named by the president;
(2) One of them, voted by the Board of Directors, replaces the president in case of his absence.
(3) Maintain the communication between the management forums and the members of the association.
(4) Are responsible for the broadcasting of the Association’s decisions.
(5) They draw up reports, notes, statistics on the Association’s activities.
Art. 47 The treasurer:
(1) Is elected by the president;
(2) Countersigns any fiscal or financial act together with the preesident.
(3) If needed, he cashes money, fees, registration taxes in the Association.
(4) Maintains the cash register and the financial documents of the Association.
(5) Presents in front of the Board of Directors the semestrial reports regarding the financial-accounting situation, follows that the entire activity is in accordance with the purposes of the Association.
Art. 48 The secretary:
(1) Is chosen by the president.
(2) Maintains and keeps the archive of documents, minutes, adhesion requests, agreements, the list of the members and other logistic and organizational data of the Association, except for the constitutive acts, which are kept by the president.
(3) Maintains the inventory of the Association’s patrimony and its use.
(4) Collaborates with the vicepresidents in maintaining the relationship with the management forums and the members of the Association. (5) Presents to the members of the Board of Directors, if requested, data regarding the Association.
(6) Prepares the meetings of the Board of Directors and the General Gathering.
Art. 49 The censor or the committe of censors:
(1) Is the internal financial control organism of the Association.
(2) Is named by the General Assembly.
(3) Is gathered and performs inspections at any level inside the Association any time it is necessary.
(4) Checks the lawfulness of the financial-accounting operations.
(5) May perticipate, without the right to vote in the meetings of the Board of Directors.
Art. 50 In order to organize the activities in order to realize the proposed purposes, the Board of Directors can decide the creation of a Scientific Committee, organized in departments. This Scientific Committee has an advisory role and also the role of ellaboration of projects and strategies which will be submitted for approval to the Board of Directors.
7. BRANCHES AND SUBSIDIARIES:
Art. 51The branches of the Association represent working points and are legal entities, in each academic medical center on Romania’s territory. Art. 52 The subsidiaries of the Association represent working points and are non-legal entities, in each academic medical center on Romania’s territory.
Art. 53 They shall respect the statute and the regulation of the Association and the decisions of the Board of Directors.
Art. 54 Their members are the total members of the SSCR from that medical academic center.
Art. 55 Its Director is empowered by the Board of Directors following the elections which will take place between the paying members of the SSCR from that academic center, having as a witness a member of the Board of Directors.
Art. 56 The Branch and Subsidiary Director
(1) The mandate of a Branch/Subsidiary Director is for one year.
(2) Is elected by the Assembly of the members of the branch or subsidiary he belongs to.
(3) Coordinates the activity of the subsidiary/branch.
(4) Before presenting his candidacy he must put at the disposition of all the members the objectives he wishes to follow during his mandate. In case of a flagrant violation of these objectives, the funding members and the Board of Directors can propose his dismissal.
(5) His mandate is for 1 year, with the possibility to renew it with half a mandate. A president cannot hold the position of LEADERSHIP for more than 6 years, regardless of the ordinary or extraordinary decisions of the MANAGEMENT organisms.
(6) He legally represents the Association in relation with the third parties.
(7) Validly signs contracts and partnership, collaboration or cooperation agreements with other internal or external organziations, organisms and institutions, based on the decisions of the MANAGEMENT committee.
(8) Represents the branch/subsidiary in gatherings, conferences and other events.
(9) The quality of repeater is incompatible with that of the Director of a branch/subsidiary.
(9) At the end of his mandate, the President can become a honorary member.
(10) Chairs the meetings of the MANAGEMENT committee and the Assembly of the branches’/subsidiary’s members except for the Assembly of the branches’/subsidiary’s members in which his situation is discussed.
(11) Ensures and checks all of the aspects related to the legal functioning.
(12) Gathers, if necessary, the MANAGEMENT committee and the Assembly of the branches’ members.
(13) Holds the stamp of the organization.
(14) Has other attributions provided by the law, which come from the present statute.
Art. 57 The Director shall appoint two dpeuty directors, a secretary and a tresurer which will constitute the Management Board of the branch or subsidiary.
Art. 58 Each branch and subsidiary shall have a separate BANK account in which will be deposited the annual fees of their members, sponsorships, donations, etc.
Art. 59 They will have autonomy in what concerns the activities and projects realized under the condition that they are in the domain of activity of the SSCR and they respect the statute and decisions taken by the Board of Directors.
Art. 60 National projects or projects wanted to be entered in financing projects competitions need the approval of the Board of Directors of the SSCR.
Art. 61 Each will present to the Board of Directors of the SSCR a quarterly activity report which will contain:
(1) The list of the enrolled members.
(2) The financial situation.
(3) Projects carried out.
Art. 62 Will send quarterly to the Association’s headquarters the receipts and invoices in order to be centralized and also at the request of the Board of Directors.
Art. 63 The attributes of the branches and subsidiaries of the Association:
(1) Organizing communications sessions from the activity of the members of the branch, with a constant frequency, established by the Board of Directors.
(2) Organizing practical surgical techniques trainings with a constant frequency, established by the Management Committee.
(3) Collects the annual contributions from the branches’ members, fees which will be deposited in the account of the respective branch.
Art. 64 The organization of the Assembly of the Branches’/Subsidiary’s members on the date determined by the Board of Directors in an ordinary meeting or any time it is necessary, in extraordinary meetings.
Art. 65 Delegates voting members at the General Assembly in a proportion of the number of paying members, proportion established by the Board of Directors.
8. DISSOLUTION AND LIQUIDATION
Art. 66 The Association is dissolved:
(1) Rightfully, through the impossibility to achieve the purpose for which it was created.
(2) By court order, when its purpose or activity has become illegal or against the public order, or in the case in which other purposes or objectives than those for which it was created are being followed.
(3) By the decision of the General Assembly: the Association may be dissolved at the request of 2/3 of the Association’s members, only with the written consent of the Honorary President, this decision being approved by 2/3 of the total number of the members present.
(4) The dissolution minute is submitted in original at the courthouse that the headquarters of the SSCR belongs to, within 15 days from the date of the dissolution meeting, in order to be entered in the Register of associations and foundations.
Art. 67 In case of dissolution of the ASSOCIATION, the assets remaining after the liquidation will be distributed to the Academy of Medical Sciences.
9. FINAL AND TRANSITORY PROVISIONS
Art.68 The Association has a BANK account and its owns stamp and logo (Annex 1). The Board of Directors empowers the president and the treasurer to make financial-banking operations.
Art. 69 The Association militates for the afiliation to other national and international associations with a scientific profile, in the surgical domain, keeping its attributes mentioned in the present statute. The SSCR wishes to be a dynamic presence in the medical domain, before and after these afilliations.
Art. 70 The povisions of the present Statute shall not violate existing laws in force, and may not be construed against them. Art. 71 The organziational aspects not mentioned in the statute will be provided in the internal regulation.
Art. 72 In absence of express provisions in the present Statute, the general provisions of the legislation in force shall be applied.
Art. 73 The present statute adopted in the General Assembly from 28.02.2008, comes into force starting with 29.02.2008.
Art. 74 On the date of the entry into force of the present statute, the statute of the Association of the Students’ Surgical Society from Romania from 03.02.2004 with its later amendments and modifications is repealed, and so are any other contrary provisions.
The present Statute was concluded today, 23.07.2008, in Romanian, in 7 copies.
Logo for the Students’ Surgical Society from Romania:
Honorary President: Olivia Alexandra Sgarbură
President: Florin Djendov
Vicepresident: Gabriel Radu
Secretary: Cristian Toma
Treasurer: Alexandru Popescu