The FEE includes participation in theoretical and practical courses, accommodation in students’ hostel, workshop expenses, breakfast, and lunch - as mentioned in the field -PROGRAM-, field trips outside the city, promotional materials, and certificate of attendance.
-Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
In the context of the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, to ensure the safety of all participants, trainers, and doctors involved in the program, we are required to apply strict rules regarding the organization of this international event. In order to take part in the program, you will have to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (three doses administered) at entry. So please be aware that you will have to bring the vaccination certificate with you! Without a show of proof, you will be denied access.
-The participants will be chosen from medical students who attend any Medical Faculty abroad or in Romania, who have completed at least the 2nd year of study.
-The prerequisite needed in order to attend this workshop must be one of the following:
1. The applicant has completed a Basic Surgical Skills workshop, for example, the ones organized by the Romanian Student Society of Surgery (this includes The Surgery Summer Camp or The International Surgery Summer School);
2. The applicant has completed the General Surgery Module/any other Surgical Specialty Module at his home Faculty;
3. The applicant has completed a month of clinical practice (during summer practice, for example) in a Surgery Department;
4. The applicant has participated in a previous edition of the International School of Advanced Surgical Skills workshop.
-The participant must have proof of one of the above-mentioned criteria; as it is an advanced surgical skills workshop, basic knowledge of the surgical field is mandatory.
-The participants must have completed the application form to all its demands, without omitting any field and without giving false information.
-The accommodation will be provided by the “Iuliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy in the students' hostel which is located about 10 minutes walk from University.
-The course will take place at the Center for Experimental Medicine, every day, from Saturday until Thursday, starting from 9.00 AM.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided by the catering service as mentioned in the “Program” field, as well as the Welcoming Dinner and the trip from the Social Program on the 20th of July.
-The deadline for the application/submission forms is Wednesday, the 1st of June 2022, 18:00 PM (GMT +2);
-Until Friday, the 3rd of June 2022 application/submission forms will be analyzed and participants will be notified if their application was:
• placed on a waiting list for five days; (after which they will be announced our final decision– in a week time, the 10th of June 2022);
- If accepted, participants will have to pay their fee within 5 days, as it follows:
• until Friday, the 8th of June 2022, through a Western Union Transfer or via Online Banking.
- If accepted after being placed on the waiting list, participants will have to pay their fee within 5 days, as it follows:
• until Wednesday, the 15th of June 2022, through a Western Union Transfer or via Online Banking.
-More details regarding the payment, accommodation and course of events will be sent in the acceptance e-mail.
-After the confirmation of the participant and payment, students will fill in a form regarding arrival details, dietary needs, allergies, etc.
-Due to the long period of time required to issue an invitation letter for a VISA, participants will need to know their national status. If a VISA is required, SSCR can only guide them for the application procedure.
ATTENTION: the fee must not be paid until notified whether you were accepted to this project. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.